Joe is runner, coach, running columnist and a physical therapist based in Eugene, Oregon. He is passionate about the sport of running — and good health, competition, and self-actualization — looking to help others reach their potential and achieve their goals in running. He's raced ultras himself for years and has finished in the top 10 at Western States 100. He has advanced, professional certifications in: coaching theory, sport psychology, and biomechanics/sports medicine.
- Master's Degree in Kinesiology (Sport Psychology Emphasis) – University of Minnesota
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy – Wisconsin La Crosse
- Board-Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
- USATF Level I, II Certified Distance Coach
- Physical therapist at Uhan Performance Physiotherapy (Eugene, OR)
- Running columnist for iRunFar.com and, formerly, Ultra Running Magazine